Bon Odori
I got bored while waiting for Tze. Had to take picture of myself cos too long didnt put on make up de.
After 6 years of avoiding the crowd at Bon Odori, last night i went for it again.
Tagged along Tze and Foong.
I had fun.
Except the part where i was sweating like a cow working the paddy field when i had to pushed my way through the crowd to spend my coupons on food.
Almost get myself a yukata (summer kimono) after i called Chong who wa sin scotland for sponsorship until i found out there were only ugly designs left. =_= not fun.
The most entertaining part of the event was not the fireworks.
But to be able to see how our Penang young girls & boys dressing up Harajuku style. Gosh.
My jaw dropped a gazillion times. I even saw Sailormoon, Japanese School Boy wannabees, and others with those ugly high boots.
I am amazed i must say.
I wonder how could they dressed up like that and had the guts to come out in public.
What were they thinking??!?
Don't they have a mirror at home????
OK. Perhaps i am a tad bit too old to accept the "in" fashion.
I have to admit i am aging cos i no longer dare to join in the dance like i did 6 years back. Damm.
Time is a cruel thing eh.
On another note. Something happened to me during the fireworks.
No. I did not get burnt or exploded.
I got a Dejavu.
6 years ago, i remember i was standing there. (At tat time i was fat & hideous)
My head was tilted upwards to enjoy the view as those fireworks sparks above.
I was thinking to myself.
"How i wish i can be embraced by a man who'll love me for who i am and i love under these colourful sparks"
Last night. I had that feeling again when my head was tilting up to see the fireworks.
Eyes were getting watery. But i had my retina swallow it back in.
The whole Penang was there and i had my make up on.
and i didn't want to give Tze a chance to say that i am dramatic. :P
Don't get me wrong.
Its not like i don't have someone who loves me for who i am.
I found him. Just that he is away most of the times.
So when i got home, i told Chong wat happened during our usual before sleep calls.
He told me he'll try to make it for the next Bon Odori.
Cos he had the same feeling 6 years back when he was there.
Sigh. Looks like we have to wait till next year. =_=
But he said something that cheered me up alot.
And no...its not about shopping.
Something that touched my heart and proved that all the long distance hardships are worth it.
<3


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home